Celebrate Earth Day
10 Ways to Help Save the Earth
1. Eat vegetarian! Producing meat generates huge amounts of green house gases and ground pollution.
2. Turn down brightness level on display by at least 20% and preset energy saving settings on computer to cut down power usage more.
3. Throw on a sweater and turn the thermostat down a couple degrees.
4. Dry some or all of your laundry on a line/hanger.
5. Wash you clothes with cold water-the majority of energy in washing clothes is related to heating the water.
6. Take a recyclable shopping bag with you! Refuse plastic bags.
7. Turn off the TV and go for a walk or a bike ride.
8. Switch all of your bill statements to online billing notifications. Reduce paper waste!
9. Put an end to disposable coffee/tea cups and water bottles. Use a stainless steel beverage container instead.
10. Leave a room, turn off the light!
Learn about the History of Earth Day at http://www.epa.gov/earthday/history.htm.